About API Tamilnadu Chapter
The association of physician of India is an august body which invites the physicians of India all over the country. This vibrant body rejuvenates and helps to update fellow and budding physician with the latest and scientific updates.
Tamilnadu API emerged with a vision of a few stalwart physicians in the year 2005. To quote the birth of the physician of India itself has its roots due to eminent physicians way back in the forties.
Tamilnadu API has been active and since its inception its annual conferences BPCON 2018 aims in imparting knowledge with latest updates in all fields of medicine at nourishes the post graduates and also provides them an opportunities to interact with doctors of all medical colleges.
Aims & Objectives
- To encourage and advance the knowledge, study and practice of the science of medicine in all ways.
- To Encourage research, including experimental work, in the science of medicine.
- To organize, establish, conduct, superindent or control institution for prompting, whether directly or indirectly, the study of and research in problems.
- To hold meetings and organize conferences, exhibitions, study circles or conventions for the study and discussion of problems relating to and allied with the science of medicine.
- To provide instructions and education to deserving persons in the science of medicine.
- To make pecuniary grants by way of scholarships, donations, subscriptions, allowances, gratuities, gurantees and otherwise to and for the benefit of derserving students, scholars and other persons who are worthy of receiving such grants by reasons of their skill and proficiency in the science of practice of medicine or their contribution to the cause of promotion of learning, research and practice of the science of medicine.
- To award prizes, medals or othercertificates or diploma of proficiency in the science of medicines to persons found deserving after such tests, examinations or other forms of scrunity as may be prescribed from time to time.
- To make rules prescribing standards of professional conduct for members of the Association.
- To establish and maintain libraries and reading rooms.
- To print, publish, distribute or sell books, pamphlets, notices, pictures, periodicals, newspapers or magazines or any other literature on any matter concerning or relating to the science or practice of medicine or the life or work of eminent persons.
- To suggest, study, offer opinion and advise on, or take part in, the 'arming of laws affecting the science of practice of medicine, medical education, health policies and health care activities.
- To promote esprit de corps among persons studying or practicing the science of medicine and good feeling between them and members of the general public or public authorities.
- To co-operate with other associations or individuals to promote the objects of the association.
- To construct, provide, regulate and maintain buildings, rooms or other structures for the purpose of the Association and to alter, add to or remove any of them.
- To recieve any gift or legacy of moveableor immovable assets with or without conditions for promoting the objects of the Association.
- To acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, nay properly, rights or privileges for the purposes of the Association.
- To improve, manage, develop, sell, mortage, lease or let, under-lease or sub-let, dispose or turn to account or otherwise deal with, all or any part of the property of the Association.
- To act as trustees, agents or managers of property endowed by any persons for objects similar to those of the Association.
- To draw, make accept, endorse, execute, negotiate, purchase, lend money upon, discount, hold and dispose of cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange, drafts and other instruments and to cancel or change such instruments as per statute of Government.
- To lay out advance invest and deal with the Association's funds for such investments and securitites and generally in such manner as may be determined from time to time.
- To engage such officials, servants or other persons as may be found necessary or useful for the conduct and management of the affairs of the Association.
- To make bye-laws, rules and regulations of the Association and to delete, change, or add to the same from time to time.
- To do all such other acts as may be necessary, incidental, conducive or convenient to the attainment of the above objects or any of them
The vision of a few stalwart Physicians of India gave birth to the idea of forming the Association of Physicians of India in 1944 mainly to provide a common forum to the Physicians of India to meet and to share experience and research observations in the field of Medicine.
The Association of Physicians of India is a professional body of consultant physicians formed in 1944 under the chairmanship of Dr Jeevaraj Mehta. Association was registered at Chennai. Now the head quarters is situated at Mumbai. Association has constructed it’s own building at Mumbai, facilitating it’s activities. Physicians with postgraduate qualifications in Internal/General Medicine can become Life/annual members of the associations. Post graduates & Specialists from allied specialties can become associate members of the association. Currently the membership of the association is 16,500 and it is increasing every year. Obviously this Association is the most elite physician's fraternity in India. This Association conducts various educational and professional activities for it's members throughout the year. Annual conference of Physicians of India (APICON) is one of the main activity of the association, conducted at various cities of the country.